I am very slow with these award thingy posts. My apologies to anyone who has honored me with an award and hasn’t been acknowledged yet! Lizzie has given me the ‘Thought Provoking Blog’ award – that’s a new one! Thank you, Lizzie – Lizzie is a photographer whose travels and thoughts are recorded for our benefit at Lizzie Joy’s Photo Suite.
Ivon from Teacher as Transformer is a thought-provoking educator and writer carefully recording his observation and life journey through poetry and prose. His movement toward mindful living is one I can relate to. He passed on the ‘Very Inspiring Blog’ award.
Ricardo from Film Photography is not Dead also passed this award on. Thank you Ricardo – I’m especially apologetic to you, since that nomination came a while ago and I don’t want you to feel that it was awarded in vain! 😦
Wendy also nominated me for an ‘Illuminating Blogger’ award. She posts photos from nature with a short and pithy running commentary alongside at GreenLightLady. Thanks Wendy, for your lovely comments – I always look forward to your ‘visits’ to my blog!
Holly from Writing Straight has nominated me for a ‘Beautiful Blogger’ award. It’s enough to make a gal blush, you know! She writes on a refreshingly varied number of subjects pertaining to the writer’s craft. She also has a son playing pro football – which is enough for my son to put her in the ‘cool’ books! 🙂 Thanks, Holly!
Um – I have this sneaking suspicion that I have missed someone. I feel like I’ve just left on vacation and am not sure whether I really locked the door… I went back to about 30 pages of comments trying to dig out all the recent nominations so if I have missed you, it is because I’m lazy and forgetful, plain and simple. Sorry to burst your bubble… 🙂 But really, if I haven’t mentioned your nomination on this post, let me know and I’ll fix that.
Usually these awards come with ‘rules’ and what-not. But I’m a bit of a non-conformist (and did I mention that I’m also lazy?) so I tend to do these things my own way. I will post a list of some of my favorite bloggers here, and allow a free-for-all – whichever of these awards you don’t have in your collection yet, consider it yours and carry on! I think the main point is to network and expand your blogging horizons, while sending some writer-to-writer appreciation down the pipes. Some of the bloggers in my fav list don’t accept awards – if that is you, accept my thanks and appreciation and any extra traffic I can throw your way!
Blogs Worth Checking Out and Nominations List:
1. Barefoot Heart Poetry – Caddo Veil writes from an artist’s heart and is a born ‘encourager’. I have so appreciated the encouragement of this fellow lover of words – her way with poetry is a sight to behold.
2. Charis: Subject to Change Charis has an amazing story of redemption to tell. She writes about God’s transforming power – some poetry, some prose. Powerful stuff!
3. Know My Worth Darlene is a author who writes about her struggle to realize her inherent value – very positive and uplifting thoughts for your day!
4. Words and Herbs Cathy posts about all things botanical – including recipes, plant info, and excellent photos. Check out this German twist on gardening of you have a green thumb!
5. The Right Mood Laura is from Italy – that in itself predisposes me to think highly of her. 🙂 In addition, she writes lovely haiku and posts intriguing photos from her lovely surroundings. Love it!
6. LeBLogDuSpecatuerSentimale I don’t know the author’s name – but I love the posts of spectacular and thought-provoking European subjects. Vive la France!
7. Snowbird Press Merril has arranged a variety of tanka and haiku with amazing haiga (Japanese styled art which accompanies haiku). Lovely.
8. Photographs by Peter Knight Peter posts amazing photographs from around the world – evocative images!
9. The Seaman Mom Petro is a new Mom from Romania who blogs with humor and delicacy about a wide variety of topics. Right now she is back at work on a cruise ship so is not able to post as often as she did – but shares some of the ups and downs of her life on board, which is really interesting. She is a sweetie – check her out!
10. Brian Gaynor Photography Brian captures incredible shots – and usually adds a very clever one-liner that tells a story all in itself. I have used several of his images as the inspiration to some of y poems.
11. Searunner A recent Biology grad who posts lovely photography – usually related to the sea, which suckers me in every time. I have also used some of his images as poetry inspiration!
12. ElBueno, El Feo y El Malo Another of my favorite photographers whose images have inspired poetry. This one posts the beauty of Spain!
Consider all of those who nominated me added to this list as well – and I hate to stop there. There are MANY blogs I regularly enjoy – only the fact that it is so time-consuming to list you all holds me back from adding many more to this list. Keep in mind that if I have visited your blog and commented, that I truly liked what I saw – and will be back! Reading your blogs is a time-consuming process and I don’t always get around to visiting you all as much as I would like. I do, however, receive encouragement, inspiration, and intellectual challenges from the exposure I get to your thoughts and ideas every week. Thank you!