Open the Book

How do you feel if I stop and stare?

Do you ever get tired of those who dare

to judge you by the way you look?

Would you rather your viewers open the book

and peek inside, to find your heart?

Are you short-changed if viewers’ art

Is limited to outside skin?

What are you really like, deep within?

18 comments on “Open the Book

The photo and the verse are brilliant, beautiful, Melody!!

What do you think – I was waffling between this title and ‘Open the Book’…

Ooooh, I REALLY LIKE “Open the Book”, Melody!!!

I did too, and thought of it just after I hit the publish button. That settles it!

Anytime you want my opinion, ask–I don’t even charge the 2 cents; no tax, and duty-free!!

Wow – you should work for the IRS. Imagine your popularity!I bet you’d have a park named after you, and have a statue in your honor in the park, too! πŸ™‚

Oh, I’m likin’ this–a park AND a statue?! You’ll come and visit “me”, right?

Maybe even a fountain!!! I could start an occupy movement in your park as I ‘visit’. What do you think? πŸ˜‰

Oh I was SO hoping for a fountain, but didn’t want to sound greedy! An occupy movement–I confess I’m not hardly political–but I’m guessing we’d probably be on the same page, or close enough. Which makes me think of something–you wouldn’t be a Rick Mercer fan, by chance? (Tues nights, CBC)

Haven’t seen him for a while, but quite familiar with his work. He’s pretty much a Canadian hero on some levels…

I ADORE him–his show was a must-see for me during my depression. Smart, funny, cute–and will do anything, literally!

Laughing is the best medicine for depression!

Amen to that–though bull riding was a terrific distraction also, and now I’m a fan for life. Aaron Roy is going for his 3rd Canadian championship, as well as competing in the PBR. (He’s very tall and cute!)

What’s with you and cute guys? πŸ™‚

Oh I s’pose somewhere inside me there’s still a teenage girl. But with “my boys”–the bull riders–it’s all maternal; and “cute” is appropriate/applicable to kids young enough to be sons/grandsons, eh?

2. snowbirdpress says:

Well, they just turned my FB page into timeline…and I feel like everything’s been layed out in the open… and what a hodge-podge it’s turned into. πŸ™‚