Iron Maiden

Through the Iron Maiden’s bars

I spy a fairyland, a place

where peace grows, seeded row by row

with roots of safety, soil of grace.

But Iron Maiden bids me stay,

she bars the path to enter in;

whispers how I don’t belong,

hints at defect deep within

so here I stop, with longing gaze,

aching for the scene I spy,

wanting Eden’s leafy rest,

believing Iron Maiden’s lie.

17 comments on “Iron Maiden

1. Robert Rife says:

Theology 101. In poem no less. Nice.

2. Lori Lipsky says:

Marvelous. Well done.

OH WOW, OH WOW! This is fabuloso, Melody–great work, and definitely echos in my heart. God bless you Big–love, sis Caddo

Fabuloso!! How very European! I’m in love with anything Italian since my virgin trip to Europe last fall – would so love to get back! πŸ™‚

There’s some dead spaghetti in my fridge, you can have–oh, but you have gluten issues. Serious bummer, eh? So, that recipe I sent might not work for you–with the Ritz crackers? (I wonder if “fabuloso” is also Spanish…)

Yeah – no wheat, rye, or barley for me – one sister has Celiac, and I have 2 of the 4 markers, with some symptoms, so I am going g-free to prevent the colon cancer that has stricken my uncle….I do have g-free cracker options, although g-free stuff always reacts differently than the real deal and has often disappointing results in regular recipes without some serious ‘fiddling’…

Hmmm, this IS a serious bummer, Melody. I could eat rye bread just by itself–love it; and I love barley in my soups. Let me know if your cracker options work for the Pineapple Casserole–if you decide to make it.

Will do! πŸ™‚

You amaze me at what you just keep finding to write about each day! God bless you as you enter in with Him!

5. are you ironing some clothes today