The Real Spring

oldstyleicicle.jpg

Spring needs assertiveness training.

She hints, and hems and haws,

but the thaws don’t come.

Snow piles high and

a world wonders-

will the real

Spring

please

stand

up?

40 comments on “The Real Spring

1. Gallivanta says:

Great shape poem and I like the idea of assertiveness training for spring. Spring is a bit abused by the big bully of winter.

2. Heidi Viars says:

For crying out loud, just give it a good punch and lets get going …

3. Reblogged this on Teacher as Transformer and commented:
    I woke up at 5:00 and one of the first things I did was look out the window. We have a winter storm warning with up to 10 cm (3 inches) of snow expected today. Winter feels like it began in October of 2011 and not October 2012. It has been long. So, “Will Spring please stand up?”

4. RoSy says:

C’mon spring – We’re all waiting for you with open arms!

5. There were snow flurries here this morning, plus the temperature dropped below twenty last night. There is a ray of sunshine that just came out. Hope!

6. Wonderful! I’m sure she’ll listen now!

7. russtowne says:

I love it! Thank you for sharing this hopeful poem with so many who are thinking similar things. You express their thoughts in a beautiful way.
    Russ

8. lylekrahn says:

Well done. We’re all talking about the weather now.

Oh you got me smiling! I think it’s been colder these last few days than it was most of winter. haha! Thanks, Melody!

Yep, I thought yesterday–first day of spring–that the snow flurries were the Last Straw; but I’ll no doubt come up with a short poem about it…

11. It’s true.
    I’m sitting here…cold.
    Spring is trying to stand up
    but…..
    Winter is sitting on Spring!

12. Melody, there’s no need to rush, roots and holiness requires their time and, to me, God is very well in charge of their timing. We humans need to learn needful lessons in absorbing Winters voices within us.

13. I hate when the Lord’s creation teases us so!

14. Imelda says:

I think it has come at last. 🙂

15. I loved the image, the poem and the creative disposition!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )