Bleeding Heart

Bleeding heart, who cut fair vein, and left you here to bleed?

Who plied the knife to wounding’s drain, through heinous, depraved deed?

Who dropped the ball, who left their post, that villain access gained?

Why are you gutted by the ghost whose hands with guilt are stained?

How came your fragile lonely heart to hang on futile sleeve?

Who plucked it down with loathsome dart and tore your make-believe?

Where will you turn, where will you find the comfort that you crave?

O bleeding heart, there is One kind, Whose strength can make you brave.

10 comments on “Bleeding Heart

Wonderful–painful, but wonderful. You do these so well, Melody. God bless you.

Unfortunately, I have a lot to say in the painful department… but Hvala! (‘Thank you’ in Croatian, for the uninitiated…) πŸ™‚

I Do understand–it’s why I write poetry. And, thank you for teaching me a new word for thank you! I wonder if it is pronounced as it’s spelled?

The ‘h’ and ‘v’ are run together so delightfully that the true pronunciation eludes me. You can therefore say it any way you like! (No one else will know the difference, will they?) πŸ™‚

2. Daniela says:

Hi,
    I am honoured to nominate you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Please pick-up your award at http://danieladragas.wordpress.com/. Copy and Paste the Award to your blog and follow the rules of acceptance. I am very aware that some people do not wish to participate in Awards, and I completely respect that… no strings! But in any case, Congratulations, you have a Lovely Blog πŸ™‚

Thank you Daniela! I am rather slow at posting awards and usually post a few at a time – but I will acknowledge your lovely nomination as soon as I can. πŸ™‚

3. Amanda says:

You somehow manage to beautify pain while still making me feel it’s sharp edge. It’s really great.