Leader of the Pack

That confidence is definitely attracting attention.

You face the sun head on,

with a ‘Bring it on!’ swagger

that is as uncanny as it is inspiring.

Yeah, you’ve been around the block a time or two –

but adversity seems to slink away from your cheer like the morning mist,

ashamed that it ever tried to rain on your parade.

You’ve ‘been there, done that’,

and instead of running headlong from your past,

you reach back with open heart to the rest of us,

willing us to step into the light,

breathing fire into our bones

and raw hope into ragged blooms.

You follow your Leader;

we will follow you…

~Dedicated to Barb and Jan, two women who risk much to lead others to freedom~

10 comments on “Leader of the Pack

1. I absolutely love that picture! Yours accompanying words were power packed. Yes, we are to comfort as we have been comforted. We are not to sit in our pews acting like we haven’t been there… I’ve been guilty of this, but now I am answering the call – His call! ~ Wendy

This is definitely a WOW, and a WONDER–Spectacular, really fires me up, Melody–thanks!! God bless you today–love, Caddo

Wow – thanks Caddo! Imagine you, fired up! *giggle*

You probably think I never settle down, eh? Oh, I meant to tell you that when I first read the title on this one, that old song from either the very late 50’s or early 60’s started playing in my head. You may be too young to recall it–and I can’t think of the girl, or girl group that sang it; rock and roll–and the singer was in love with the “Leader of the Pack”!

I hummed it all through the writing stage – I may not be as young as you think I am! hee hee

Oh Good! Not about whether you’re younger or older–but I hate to reference a song, and the other person has NO clue what I’m talkin’ about! Do you happen to know the singer/group??

That song was done by the ‘Shangri-Las’ in 1964. (I looked it up!) 🙂

Oh yeah, the Shangri-Las”! I wonder it they also did “He’s So Fine”? (“Wish he were mine…”)

You just might be right about that…