My Fair Lady

My Fair Lady, what do you see?

You retain a visionary’s air,

a nonchalant wisdom

as you gaze upon the spectacle that is Life.

And of what do you whisper when the night falls,

and the Mourning Dove coos her lullabies?

Where do you hide the dreams that liven your waking hours

and dare you to reach for the stars?

From whence do your thoughts flow, when the shadows stalk?

If you could but drop me a hint,

a nudge,

I could join your Kingdom and take my place,

a courtier,

a novice,

a fledgling Fair Lady

whose dreams would mingle

with your own.

20 comments on “My Fair Lady

1. snowbirdpress says:

What a lovely lily…pristine in it’s glory.

2. Lily’s are one of my most favorite flowers.

I’m half asleep from the increasing temps here, so forgive my redundancy: this is SO Wonderful–amazing how you do this everyday! I really can get into this one– God bless you.

There is so much inspiration pouring out of this garden – God does good work, eh? ๐Ÿ™‚

He most certainly does, Melody!! Everywhere–but seems especially in your flower garden! I’m just the tiniest bit envious.

Will it make you feel better to know that in a matter of weeks, all will be over for another year?? ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

No! That’s a bummer, Melody–what do you do then?? Not necessarily for inspiration, but what replaces tending the flowers?

I have a teaching job – the wee ones. So it is almost time to turn my eyes from tending flowers to tending hearts learning how to read. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am wondering how much the poetry will suffer….???

Oh how truly wonderful–teaching! You know, you look like the teacher anyone would LOVE! What grade is still “wee”? Learning to read–first grade, or Grade 1, I think in Canada? Your poetry won’t suffer, other than time and energy, I’d imagine–I have utmost faith in you!!

I work in a small rural school and teach a multi-graded K,1 and 2. Lots of work…

Does that mean the class size is kind of large? How do you keep them all focused? Never mind–you can tell me later! I’ll be here, after you get some sleep.

It means that there are so few students, they must be grouped into more grades per set – a unique set of challenges and blessings. It is hard to keep young children focused anyway – I have some tricks, but if I revealed them to you, I would have to kill you… NOT!

Oh I’m SO Laughing–thank you for that!! You’re just great, and I wish I lived “down the road” so we could visit in person–you’re just too fun (and I know we have some “hard” stuff in common too)! Love you to pieces, Caddo

You’re not so bad yourself, Poetess of the Realm! ๐Ÿ™‚

You’re just the sweetest! Aside from being tired (I KNOW, I shouldn’t have dawdled about going to bed last night…), this is turning into a very good day. I’ve met some of God’s best people since entering the blog world–Just what I needed!

Lovely! Provision of good things is a wonderful thing to receive…