Seize the Day

Last of summer’s purple flowers,

Counting down the autumn hours,

Making hay while sun shines on,

Seize the day before they’re gone.

13 comments on “Seize the Day

1. johncoyote says:

Beautiful photos and positive words. Thank you for the excellent poem.

How beautiful! I can almost feel the angst, as though I were standing beside those lovely purple flowers. God bless you BIG–love, Caddo

The frost cometh – so no more vines or pretty things for a while. And I never had time today to rub two minutes together to take the last photos of the season – sigh…

Oh well…Will there be lovely winter photos? There was something else I was going to ask–but now it’s flown out of my head!

Oh good – there are more out there than I who lose my ‘train’? 🙂 Yes – there will be more lovely. But I think it is okay to mourn and appreciate the season falling away, too. As long as I perk up again and watch for more beautiful things!

See, I agree with you about mourning and appreciating what “falls away”–but some folks have been pretty adamant about just being jazzed about Fall. oh well– And, losing the train? Heck, I completely lose the track, Melody!

I have never actually liked fall that much. As farming folk it always represented so much hard work – fields, gardens, and the end of the barefoot season. (I’m not a fan of wearing socks…) But I do appreciate the beauty, and am trying to seek the good in every season.

I didn’t like fall because it meant going back to school–way too much stress!! I’m not big on socks, either–it has to be pretty darn cold for me!

I am feeling this poem . . .doing all we can now, while the weather allows! God bless you and your day!

4. Why do I sense your being human after all and why does it comforts me? 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w