Geology

bridge.jpg

Land of mysterious processes

where arches bow low to Geology;

lateral moraines link time to space,

chasms yawn in boredom,

tectonic plates shift to the tune

of an endless prairie sky.

29 comments on “Geology

1. Utasflow says:

Wonderful. I am very interested in geology and Continental Shift Theory.
    Right now, we have a sunny + cold morning with shining snow. 🙂 Uta

2. Gallivanta says:

No, no, please tell those tectonic plates to be still. We’ve had enough of their restlessness. 🙂

3. russtowne says:

I enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing it, Melody.
    Russ

These science ones are always amazing, even as they make my eyes glaze over, and my head spin.

5. lylekrahn says:

That’s a great photo and I like the comparison to geology. Works well.

It was so stunning out there. So many processes were in evidence, it was fascinating. I need to get back out there before the snow gets past its expiration date…

• lylekrahn says:

You obviously got a lot more interesting stuff than us. We drove around yesterday but didn’t find anything spectacular other than a lot of deer.

There are actual perfectly complete mini bridges – unbelievable. And perfect triangular prisms. Gullies and waves and lips and cliffs that you can’t even imagine. PLUS, the crystals were sparkling IN COLOUR – blue and pink and gold – I felt like I had found the pot of gold at the end of the – er, snow-bow. ? 🙂

• lylekrahn says:

I’m guessing we will see more photos of all this

😀 Weird. It’s like you can read my mind…

This was out of this world! And more of that teacher coming out of you! Thanks, Melody, for sharing your snow with us! 🙂

7. LizzieJoy says:

Just to let you know, Melody, that I love your articles – both the inspiring, thought-provoking words and the gorgeous photos. They are a feast for my eyes and my heart. Bless you, dear friend.

8. Melody ~do your melodies ever wane from grandiose ? this is a beautiful sonata!