Dust of the Earth

treefrostsky

Dust of the earth clings stubborn here,

no bath or scrubbing removes the smear;

yet snowflake’s true core is dust of the earth –

a crystallized raiment imparting true worth.

Moisture in the air condenses at cold temperatures; each flake has its beginning in a molecule of dust, and grows in beauty as it joins its brethren.  A lesson here, perhaps?

18 comments on “Dust of the Earth

Wow, a sermon message in 4 lines of lovely verse–you’re amazing, I tell everyone, you’re amazing!

2. Gallivanta says:

Definitely a lesson.

3. Melody, your picture is so dainty and elegant! (Oh, I love them blue skies of yours!) Your poem is both an intriguing spiritual and science lesson. You’ve got my wheels turning today…

Blessings ~ Wendy

4. Lovely image and metaphor!

I love learning here! The lessons are so grace-filled! Thank you and God bless you!

6. LizzieJoy says:

I do so love your poetry and their accompanying images, Melody. Also the many lessons to be learned here. Bless you.

Thanks Lizzie! How are your photography adventures going?

• LizzieJoy says:

Quietly, at the moment, Melody. I’m waiting for a good snowfall, to get some decent photos. We’ve only had a slight covering up to now. I’m also busy having a major de-cluttering session which is keeping me occupied. I decided to have an early spring clean, so that I can start on my garden as soon as the warmer weather arrives.
        I see you’ve been having masses of snow – such a wonderful subject, especially as you have a knack of catching the light at the best times. I’m still waiting for the results of the OU course, due out mid March. Have a lovely day. 🙂

Clean while the cleaning bug hits, Lizzie! Its’ such a great feeling to get rid of some of life’s clutter! We’ve had lots of snow, with more in the forecast – plenty of great photo opportunities lie around in every direction! Here’s to some snow for YOU! 🙂

7. Imelda says:

That is a very nice metaphor. 🙂 Thanks for sharing.