Ignition

Illuminated. And she

knows now that fragility

and brilliance hold hands

in dark places,  a

collision course with

gloom that can eclipse

even her pain, obscure even

the Shadowlands. Her

smile says it all; I am

alive, I am conqueror,

I am free. Somewhere

in the darkness, a match

strikes against a flint

as black as pitch –

ignition.

22 comments on “Ignition

1. bennetta faire says:

Oh WOW WOW WOW-Wonderful, Mel!! 5-Star, and my new all-time fave!

2. our flame, when connected to and with His can truly be amazing !

3. Robert Rife says:

Some fun imagery here, Melody. Effective.

I LOVE this one too, Melody! Thank you!!

5. Beautiful. Sunny and positive. Yellow is the colour of solar plexus chakra which powers are self esteem.

6. Heidi Viars says:

When I read your poetry, I am reminded of a fountain … it just keep flowing … I can just sit and watch for a long time … it just does not get old!

Wow, thanks so much. I sometimes wonder if the fountain will plug one day – but it hasn’t yet. 🙂 I’m so glad that what I process through my day has been touching a chord with others. Thanks Heidi!

7. Glenda Mills says:

Love this Melody. Your thoughts on seeing the Light, being held in those dark places eclipsing pain, being set free by ignition. Every time I come through some struggle, the Light and Love of God around and within me ignites me with new joy and freedom and once again, I am able to see through the fog with a new perspective only the Lord can give.
    Thanks for this beautiful reminder.

Ah, you have been there, too, that place where dark and light collide. Mercy grows there in the shade – and new perspective brings new joy! Thanks Glenda for your insights.

• Glenda Mills says:

Melody,
        Yes I have and continue to be taken there. Sometimes, the Lord lets me visit those places again. Hard to understand why, but trust Him to continue the renewing and healing process. He digs deep with his spiritual scalpel, yet love fills the spot he cut. Oh Melody, you bring out the poet in me. I love your writing.

Sounds like a post waiting to happen right there. Preach it, sister! 🙂

• Glenda Mills says:

I might do that. Thanks Melody!