Testy Toddler

Fruit-ling in a diaper-wrap

on sweetly liquid diet

Taking toddling baby steps

Suspiciously, too quiet

Bee-bottle fed and velvet-wrapped

In springtime sunshine dappled

If you would just consent to nap

You’d be less crabby-appled!

This is for all the parents out there who lived through the terrible twos…You’d inwardly complain about their noise at times – but the silence was SO much worse!  🙂   It was a lot of fun to imagine apple blossoms as toddlers.

20 comments on “Testy Toddler

1. petroneagu says:

Lovely comparison to a baby or a toddler! And yes, they are suspiciously quiet considering the “alter ego” 🙂

Have a wonderful weekend, my dear Melody.
    Many hugs

2. sandy says:

Love it!

3. Madilyn says:

Melody, this poem made me smile and I especially loved “you’d be less crabby-appled!”

4. Absolutely enchanting, Melody. Wonderful, creative use of language.

5. It does remind me of those years. They seem like just yesterday.

I’m feeling sentimental after celebrating my son’s 16th birthday. It is good to go back once in a while and remember. I remember thinking that the diaper phase would never end – but looking back, what a blink of an eye it was! thanks for stopping by.

6. This reminds me of seeing the lovely little children growing up all around you, so sweet and gentle. Then when you look the other way, you have a reminder of how big and troublesome they get. But I guess we still love them. Lovely poem.

Thanks. There is something so profound about ‘mini’ humans and their development – a vexing, beautiful, exasperating, joyous, monumentally exhausting but triumphant time!

7. kris landt says:

i love it, melody, and it’s so true…the joyful noise and calamity of toddlers is preferable to silence.

They are just doing hat their design calls them to do! What a shame that our society has not always valued the contributions of children as we should…

8. I agree, Melody, the silence means something is brewing….like ambitious toddler plans. I am living through them, yay 🙂

Enjoy – those days are gone in a flash! Now I look back and think I would like some window smudges and messes rather than teen angst some days! Each stage has its joys and its sorrows, I guess!