Lord of the Harvest

where bruises bleed;

Be the Fruition

of Holy Seed;

Lord of the Harvest,

Illumine me.

18 comments on “Lord of the Harvest

Oh this is another WOW-Wonderful one, Melody–I’ll be sending it down to my cousin (and keeping a copy for me)! Beautiful work. God bless you abundantly–love, sis Caddo

Thank you, Caddo. Do you feel all the appreciation floating your way? 🙂

Yeah, kind of a nice warm breeze wafting–or is that the smell of my crock pot??? Just kidding–you know I love you!!!

Mmm – what’s cooking?

Okay, get ready to laugh. I had a big piece of London broil in the freezer–since January (this year, at least!). And I decided to try that McCormick seasoning package for BBQ pulled pork (freezer burned beef’s like pork, right?). You add ketchup, vinegar (cider, but I only had red wine v.) and brown sugar–though I can’t see why we need more brown sugar, which is in ALL the other ingreds, except the vinegar. I’ll let you know tomorrow, how it turns out–I’m guessing “so so”, as in I won’t need to do it again… By the way, yesterday I cooked up a pot of shrimp chowder (with corn, onion, potatoes, pepper bacon, cream of chick soup, half ‘n half, and Old Bay Seasoning–and the 3 packs of 50% fresh shrimp). Wish you were here–it’s delish–rich, of course (non-diet) and tasty!

That sounds phenomenal! I have to chuckle at your BBQ pork – I have certainly had my share of substituted and creative ingredient swapping! 🙂

I knew you could laugh at/with me! Currently, the crock pot has heated up my apt rather much–good grief–and I kept thinking I smelled “burning, smoke”. But I’ve checked it repeatedly–there’s more liquid in there than I expected–so maybe the neighbors are burning up something (hope it’s not their house).

🙂 *giggle* I don’t have any neighbours closer than 1/2 mile – and usually all I hear of them is their sheep at feeding time, which is rather an endearing sound. Wonder what your neighbours are cooking up? 🙂

2. Ben Nelson says:

Beautiful – Lord of the Harvest! Such a thought

3. Lovely lighting and poetical prayer! This is my all-time favorite.
    ~ Wendy

Thanks Wendy! he lighting is what makes this shot, I think. The flowers are fading – and they are calling for a hard frost tonight, so I am afraid that I only have another few days’ worth of flowers. I’ll have to find some new subjects!

This was a precious one, Melody . . .the photo and the poem! Thank you and God bless! Do you know what you will photo next, when the flowers go, or will you just see what presents itself?

I have quite a few in my archives, stored up – and this morning I got quite a few of the frost. So hopefully there will be surprises in store! The frost definitely doomed a lot of potential subjects, so I will have to open my eyes in new ways to see new things, I guess!

5. adaisygarden says:

Beautiful photo with eloquent words… perfect match!

6. a beautiful composition! Thank you ~Sincerely Deborah