Close Call

That was a close call.

Treading the fine line between

Life and Death,

Fair and Freezing,

you fend off the Frost

with a heart warmed by the sun

of summers past.

Dare you exhale?

Beads of perspiration mark your

night of tormented hopes

and fragile fears.

But night broke,

and with it, the danger.

You are free to bloom

another day…

25 comments on “Close Call

1. Glenda Mills says:

Oh my goodness…This speaks so personally and oh so timely! Thanks dear heart for sharing!

It was about the closest as I’ve seen to freezing without freezing! It dipped below the freezing mark but there was enough dew that frost must have dissolved harmlessly away. Now we are slated to have a few more days of warmer weather – so I will have time to pick all the peppers and tomatoes etc before the next one comes! It’s that time of year…. *sigh*

My fave time of the blog day, is when I come here to read your poems, Melody. This one is “excruciatingly” beautiful (I think you “get” that, as I do). God bless you Big–love, Caddo

Thank you. And I came close to not writing today – I was draggy and groggy this morning! Wow, was it worth the effort to be excruciatingly beautiful! πŸ™‚

Now see??!! God always tells me “showing up” at the blog is “not an option”–it’s my job, my calling, and my fellowship (mutual). So unless I’m legitimately sick, I have to drag my groggy brain out here–and am usually rewarded and blessed! (‘Course, you have job and family responsibilities, so I’m sure He gives you a pass!) Much love, C

Interesting – I haven’t thought of blogging as part of my ‘job’ per se – just thought of it as fun. Maybe it IS part of my job? That’s a nice thought…

I can only speak for myself, Melody–it IS Fun; but not having a “real job”, I joke that it’s my “famous author job” (people close to me understand that I’m not being as immodest as that sounds!).

There is something to it, though, all levity aside.

I agree–part of the ministry of the brethren, eh?

Indeed! Love your Canadianese at the end, there… πŸ™‚

Indeed! Love your Canadianese at the end, there… πŸ™‚

Yes, I’m so multi-lingual you know (Not)! Being so close to B.C., there’s plenty of Canadian influence–and my sister dated a guy from there for awhile, so…

So you’re almost an honorary Canadian, then! πŸ™‚

Not sure–how would that fit with my half-Cajun roots? I’m sounding more and more like a “mutt”!! Ah well, I never aspired to be a purebred!!

3. elmirad says:

Beautiful poem and an amazing shot! Great job on both:)

I love your poems that have a deeper layer and meaning to them, to me anyway! So glad the frost didn’t get this beauty . .. and that you got a poem out of it too! God bless you!